What is 2D and 3D Animation?
If you are searching for the best laptop for animators, you have landed on the right page. Are you in the process of buying a laptop for 2D and 3D animation then it is critical to understand first what the animation is? An animation is an art of creating an illusion of movement through the moving frames. The animations become close to life when 2D or 3D effects are added to the creations. But now, it is no more a complicated thing. With a little practice using electronic devices like laptops, anyone can become an animator. Many software’s are being used all over the world that can make the work even easier. Before purchasing a laptop, it is important to know that what is needed in the machine to make it the best laptop for animators.
What to look for in a laptop?
The following features must be considered while getting an animation supporting laptop:
- Get a laptop with a minimum of 4 GB of RAM, to make it fast and work without any inconvenience.
- Greater hard drive speed is essential to store more data and read it whenever required. Don’t compromise on a laptop with less than 7200RPM hard drives.
- Get a laptop with enough hard drive space. The amount of work you carry out on a daily basis designs your choice of hard disk space. A hard disk with 1TB is an important specification.
- Dual-core or quad-core processor is much better for an animator.
- Get a high-performance graphic card to support the 2D and 3D respectively.
The top 10 Best Laptops for Animators in 2017
If you are an animator planning to buy a new laptop in 2017, then choose from the following 10 best laptops for animators in the market:
Dell Inspiron i7559-5012GRY Graphic Design & Animation Work Laptop
It is the best laptop that is highly acclaimed for excellent graphic designing and animation. It is powerful and has enough space to store a huge selection of your works.
- It is powerful enough to carry out all kinds of animations and graphic designing because of 6th Generation 2.6 GHz Intel core i7-6700HQ Processor and NVIDIA Geforce GT960M that has a discrete memory of 4GB GDDR5.
- The SSD Hybrid Storage of 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM and 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD makes it great for professional and amateur animators.
- Unlike other touchscreen laptops, it is high rated because of the unique with 15.6″ inch UHD LED Lit True-life Touchscreen Graphic design.
- The screen has a resolution of 3840×2160 Pixels.
- It operates with the Windows 10.
- Has a stylish appearance with no quality related issues
- Easy to work +4K IPS display and the touch screen
- Extremely supportive for the gamers, and the graphic designers.
- High reflection due to the glossy screen.
- Consumes extra power when workload increases
Acer Aspire E 15
This system is certainly one of the most preferred systems for gamers and animators. It has everything one needs for a fantastic animation experience. It is a perfect working device for students because of it’s easy to use features. It is durable and makes an easy and user-friendly workplace for the students.
Here is the list of features that make it worth the investment:
- The laptop has super fast 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U Processor
- Comfortable animation experience with its wide screen of 15.6 inches along with LED-backlit Display
- Comes stocked with the amazing NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB of GDDR5 Video Memory
- Extended working hours with long battery life of up to 12 hours
- Ample storage to store all your work with 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD
- Super fast processor
- Matte large display screen
- Good keyboard and touchpad
- Long lasting battery
- Issues with wireless adaptor to connect wi-fi
MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro-230
Animation on this laptop is hassle free and appealing. One would enjoy animation just as they would do gaming. This machine offers a great experience for the gamers and the animators alike. It is compact, lightweight and easy to handle device that has a considerably large storage space and excellent working speed.
Your animations have more detail and depth with its specifications that are listed below:
- Animation made smoother and better with the display size 15.6 inches and the NVIDIA’s GTX 1060 6G GDDR5.
- Fast Intel Core i7-7700HQ (2.8-3.8GHz) processor
- Ample storage space with 16 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD, this in addition to the 2 TB Hard Drive.
- Carrying the laptop is easier because it’s just 4 pounds
- Premium quality
- Bright and large display
- Plenty of space
- Lacks bright screen display
Lenovo Y50-70 Laptop
Lenovo Y50-70 is a great working device for the animation lovers. It by all definitions of an animation laptop is the best laptop for animators. It can perfectly handle the 2D animations and 3D animations.
- Works great for all kinds of animation works due to the specially added features of B PC3L 12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz and 1 TB HDD 5400 RPM Hybrid Hard Drive + 8 GB SSHD.
- Works well with NVIDIA Geforce GTX960M 2 GB Video memory.
- Belongs to the category of 4th Generation 2.60 GHz Intel core i7-4720HQ Processor.
- Extraordinary performance as a gaming platform and the designer’s tool
- Easy to handle sleek design with a swift keyboard
- The battery heats up quickly in lengthy sessions.
- Dull display
Asus ROG Strix GL702VM-DB74
Another laptop suited for 2D and 3D animation with high-quality performance and experience is the Asus ROG Strix GL702VM-DB74. It is one of the most preferred laptops by animators.
Check out the feature list mentioned below:
- Stocked with the latest generation Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Graphics card and Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz Processor gives super results.
- Animation experience made better with it’s 17.3” FHD 1920×1080 Display with 160-degree viewing angles
- Comes with Duo-copper thermal module and dual cooling fans for GPU and CPU performance
- Plenty of storage with 16 GB RAM and 1TB HDD.
- Large display
- Premium processor
- Solves your storage problems
- Overheating issues
Lenovo Y50 – 15.6″ Full HD Gaming Notebook
The Lenovo Y50 is one of the ideal laptops for the animators for 2D and 3D animation. The features mentioned below make it a worthy buy and gives entry to the list of best laptops for 2D and 3D animation and even gaming.
- It is stocked with the powerful Intel Quad-Core i7-4700HQ 2.4GHz processor
- Your storage issues are solved with the 16GB RAM DDR3 and 1TB HDD+8GB SSD Hybrid SSHD Drive
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB Dedicated Graphics gives a better animation experience
- Looks amazing with its Stylish Black Brushed Aluminum Finish and the Backlit AccuType Keyboard with number pad
- Fast and quiet processor
- Back lit keyboard for comfortable night time browsing
- Low-quality display
Microsoft Surface Book
One of the best and the most loved laptops for animation is the Microsoft Surface Book. The beginners love this system for their 2D and 3D animation.
Listed are the features that will help you know what you get along with it:
- The fast Intel Core i5 gives you an amazing animation experience
- Pre-installed Windows 10 Pro operating system
- Incredibly portable at 3.5 pounds making it simple to carry to places
- Storage space of 8 GB and 128 GB SSD
- Quality built
- Long lasting battery
- Fast performance
- Keyboard is not comfortable to type on
- Device freezes sometimes
Apple Mac Book Pro A1286 MC721LL/A
The artists highly appreciate Mac Book Pro for its outstanding performance in 3D animations and several types of visual effects. The highly advanced features make it a great machine for the animators who consider it as the best laptop for animators.
- A beauty for the animators and designers fitted with 13.4″ inch Diagonal LED Backlit Glossy Widescreen Display with a screen resolution of 1440 by 900 Pixel.
- Includes unique features of AMD Radeon HD 6490M Graphics Processor & Intel HD Graphics 3000.
- Works uninterrupted because of 0 GHz Intel Quad-core i7-2635 Processor.
- Enough space and speed ensured because of 1 TB Solid State Hybrid Hard Drive and 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz memory.
- Has an operating system different than other laptops that are OS X 10.11 EI Captain Operating System.
- Has a bright retina quality screen.
- Touch ID is a user-friendly addition to the device.
- Spacious trackpad makes work easy to do.
- Criticized for not having the memory card slots.
- Does not include the MagSafe.
Acer Predator Helios 300
This is the another gaming laptop on the list but gives a pleasant and trouble free animation experience. With a widescreen, super processing speed and ample speed it is a real treat for the animators at all levels. This is one of the best choices of laptops of the animators.
Below are features that make this device worth buying.
- Stocked with the latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor
- Get an amazing animation experience with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- Plenty of storage with the 16GB DDR4 Memory & 256GB SSD
- No break while working with long battery life of up to 7 hours
- Excellent performance
- Matte screen
- Quality build
- System freezes sometimes
Microsoft Surface Pro 4
Another Microsoft laptop in this list is the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 which one is another worthy buy. It is the best for the beginners who are still learning and do not want to spend a lot on the laptop. It has all the basic features that an animator looks for in the laptop for 2D and 3D animation.
Check out the list of features below to know why it is worth buying for your animation needs.
- It is stocked with the latest processor Intel Core i5
- Ample storage for the beginners with 4GB memory and a 128GB solid state drive plus microSD slot
- Laptop cum tablet so animation experience made simpler
- Working throughout the day made comfortable with the 12.3″ PixelSense touch screen with 2736 x 1824 resolution
- Easy portability with item weight being 1.74 lbs
- 2 in 1 option of laptop and tablet
- Perfect size to carry it out with you
- Fast processor
Conclusion of Best Laptop for Animators
This list of the 10 best laptops for animators is just a glimpse. The animators can look forward to many options that can ensure quality works in the world of 2D animations and 3D animations. It all depends upon the vigilance of the user that what he chooses and how he chooses. Instead of getting impressed by merely the brand name and the price tag, you must look into the characteristics and features of the laptops available and then get the best available option.